This week my savings is at $894,000,0014.11. That’s what I was hoping it would be after the Mega Millions lottery. I was so close to winning it. By that I mean I matched no numbers, so my savings is actually just slightly less than that:
Here are some things I would bet my life savings on this week:
- I bet Jon Gruden will not be with the Raiders when they move to Las Vegas. He will beg Monday Football to take him back so he can quit coaching what has now become the 2016 Browns.
- I bet Dwayne Casey will have a worse record with the Pistons than the Raptors will have this year but he will beat them in the play-offs.
- I bet Matt Colburn of Wake Forest still has a smile on his face after running for 243 yards and three TDs in the win over Louisville. The team that pulled his scholarship the day before signing day.
- I bet we will hear, “Welcome Dirk Koetter, your new head coach of the UNLV Runnin’ Rebels”.
- I bet Giannis Antetokounmpo would be the NBA MVP if his name were easier to pronounce and spell.
- I bet this year the call to expand the FBS playoffs will get even louder. The number four seed is going to be the most controversial yet, even if Clemson, Alabama and Notre Dame win out. If they don’t, it is really going to be a mess. Let’s go 12 teams, every conference champ plus four at-large teams. Top four seeds have byes and they have to be a winner of a conference championship game. Give UCF or UAB a chance to play an Alabama or Clemson.
Here is a look at my college football party crashers:
FBS : Kentucky won, Iowa lost and that eliminates them
FCS: Sam Houston State won after a loss last week, could still make the playoffs. Eastern Washington beat Idaho
D2: Kutztown lost but I think they are still going to make the playoffs. Duluth won, they were leading 56-0 at half and are now ranked #1 in their super region.
D3: Berry won, Frostburg Bobcats won 61-7 and are now ranked #6 in D3.